- August 27, 2021
- By electricaldiagnosticsurveys
We offer NFPA 70E arc flash training in all 50 states!
Electrical dangers such as shock, electrocution, electrical explosion, and arc blast will always be present on the job, but a proper arc flash training program and strategies can minimize the likelihood of injuries and fatalities. Our NFPA 70E Training Arc Flash Training focuses on the 2021 NFPA 70E arc flash electrical safety standard that addresses arc flash electrical safety requirements for employee workplaces that are necessary for the practical safeguarding of employees.
Upon completion of NFPA 70E Arc Flash Training, students will be able to:
- Identify electrical hazards.
- Identify causes of arc flash.
- Explain the biological effects of electrical shock / arc flash.
- Select appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) for applicable situations.
- Describe lockout / tagout procedures.
- Identify the hazards and risks associated with arc flash.
- Respond appropriately to an arc flash incident.
- Demonstrate safe work practices.
Class Agenda - NFPA 70E Arch Flash Training
- Introduction to 2021 NFPA 70E Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace.
- Arc Flash Awareness - How to Identify Potential Electrical Hazards in the Workplace.
- OSHA 1910.331-335 Regulations.
- Nature of Electric Arc / Blast.
- Understanding Shock Boundaries & Hazard Risk Categories.
- Interpretation of Equipment Warning Labels - NEC & NFPA 70E.
- PPE Selection & Maintenance Requirements.
- Electrical Safe Work Practices.
- Controlling Hazardous Energies (lockout / tagout).
- Establishing an Electrical Safety Program, Principles, & Procedures.
- Record keeping Requirements.
- Safety Videos - PPE, Safe Electrical Work Practices.
- Testing of Students (tests covering PPE requirements, safe electrical work practices and a review test covering material presented throughout the class).
EDS specializes in many different aspects of electrical training and engineering.
All training courses are available in affordable prices.
To get a free no obligation quote, please email us your details or call us and we will get back to you the same day.