Lockout / Tagout Training
We Offer Lockout / Tagout Training in all 50 States!
EDS conducted a 2011 survey of a broad cross section of the electrical industry that was comprised of 22 companies totaling 507 electrical workers who were asked one question… do you implement your company’s energy control procedures on every job task? The findings were 16 out of 507 said “yes”. These answers reveal that our companies are not annually auditing their employees or enforcing the energy control program (no reprimand). The annual audit is required by OSHA to ensure that employees understand the Lockout / Tagout procedures and the importance of implementing these procedures.
Two Of The Top 10 OSHA Citations Issued To Companies Are:
- OSHA 1910.269(a)(2)(iii)
“The employer shall determine, through regular supervision and through inspections conducted on at least an annual basis, that each employee is complying with the safety-related work practices required by this section.”
- OSHA 1910.147(c)(7)(iii)(C)
“Retraining. The retraining shall reestablish employee proficiency and introduce new or revised control methods and procedures, as necessary.”
Class Agenda - Lockout /Tagout Training
- Recognize lockout / tagout devices.
- Install lockout / tagout devices.
- Responsibility of employer in writing and publishing procedures.
- Responsibility of employee in executing procedures.
- Responsibility of person-in-charge.
- Authorized and unauthorized removal of locks / tags.
- Enforce execution of lockout / tagout procedures.
- Individual employee control of energy.
- Simple lockout / tagout.
- Complex lockout / tagout.
- Use single line and diagrammatic drawings to identify sources of energy.
- Use of tags and warning signs.
- Release of stored energy (electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, thermal, chemical, mechanical, etc.)
- Video and testing of students.
EDS specializes in many different aspects of electrical training and engineering.
All training courses are available in affordable prices.
To get a free no obligation quote, please email us your details or call us and we will get back to you the same day.